|Author||David Bellagio and Shmuel Bashan|
|File size||13.8 MB|
The Complete Guide to Managing Work Items and Workflow with IBM® Rational® ClearQuest® and IBM Rational Team Concert™
Work items are the lifeblood of software and hardware development. They tell development teams exactly who is doing what, which issues are resolved, which remain unresolved, and which products are impacted. In large, team-based projects, however, managing work items can be difficult. Now, two IBM Rational experts show how to simplify and improve every aspect of work item management with IBM Rational ClearQuest and the powerful and collaborative Jazz™-based products: IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) and IBM Rational Quality Manager.
Drawing on extensive experience with IBM customers, the authors tightly link theory with proven best practices, offering implementation guidance, detailed examples, and complete solutions. They present innovative solutions, introduce advanced customization techniques, and walk step-by-step through every phase of workflow development, from requirements through maintenance. They conclude with a full chapter of sample applications and solutions, ranging from Collaborative Application Lifecycle Management to SLAs.
- Understanding work items and their elements
- Using work items for changes, tasks, activities, test plans, test cases, risks, builds, and promotion
- Implementing best practices for work item application planning, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Describing workflows, including advanced dynamic workflows
- Incorporating roles in work items and using them to meet business needs
- Using ClearQuest packages and custom integrations, and making the most of Jazz platform integration technology
- Getting the most of out the CQ-ALM schema
- Implementing effective quality and performance metrics, SLAs, and governance
- Improving test management with IBM Rational Quality Manager work items
- Creating effective workflows for Scrum and other Agile projects